Sunday 27 December 2015

Baby Goth

October 2015

This project was a joy from start to finish. I bought the yarn at Yarndale 2015 in Skipton during a lovely knitting holiday with friends, and cast on shortly after I got back. It seemed to knit up in no time, and I've had a lot of very kind compliments on it.

I know skulls aren't everybody's cup of tea, and I'm not sure that the grandparents approve, but for anyone with a bit of an inclination towards the gothic like me, it is the cutest pattern ever. As soon as I saw it I knew my little girl needed one.


The skull pattern is made using intarsia, which is a technique I often tend to avoid since it can be a bit of a faff. In this case it wasn't quite as bad as I'd remembered. Ok, every skull means two loose ends to sew in, but if you embark on this project knowing what to expect it's no big deal, probably because it's so tiny.


If I can get some cute modelled pictures after she is born I will try to come back and add them, although something tells me I might not have as much time for blogging at that point!

ETA: voila!


Pattern: Baby Goth Cardigan by Baby Goth Knits
Size: Newborn
Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Karisma Superwash dark grey/ off white
Needle: 3.5mm
On ravelry: here

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this one! Actually, having seen yours, I'm considering knitting it for my 17-year-old girl too, on a much bigger scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern for this doesnt seem to be available anymore. Any ideas how to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same question. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for this pattern. The website doesn't work any more. Any ideas where to find it? Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry above was me before I added my name :)

    ReplyDelete