Wednesday, 14 December 2011
Monday, 31 October 2011
Monday, 19 September 2011
Thursday, 15 September 2011
This hat will hopefully end up as part of a cold weather set for a friend of mine along with Susie's Reading Mitts which I gave her last year. It's nice to be able to build up a matching set like that.
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Sunday, 31 July 2011
Thursday, 28 July 2011
Saturday, 16 July 2011
Friday, 15 July 2011
Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Sunday, 26 June 2011
I know, I know. Baby clothes made from 100% wool. But I’m the one who’s going to have to be in charge of washing it, so it’s okay.
I made this is just under a week whilst on holiday in Paris. I wanted something unisex and colourful, I think the colours in this yarn are just gorgeous. Slightly autumnal, which is great for a November baby. And it matches this guy’s scarf, which is everso cute. I’m also planning to make a hat out of this yarn, to match this cardigan.
The buttons are from Boyes in York. I make the button band in the same ribbed stitch as the neckline, waist band and cuffs, although the pattern suggested using stocking stitch. I found it easier to work out where to put the buttons this way by counting the ribs between each one.
The body of this was knitted back and forth on a circular needle, and the sleeves were knitted in the round on DPNs, so it’s a seamless knit. The button bands were picked up and knit at the end. Oh, and it’s a freebie pattern too, which is obviously a bonus!
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
Tuesday, 7 June 2011
Thursday, 14 April 2011
Wednesday, 13 April 2011
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Thursday, 24 March 2011
- I added a little length (about half an inch or so);
- 3 of the pleats are supposed to lean one way and 3 the other (so that they're all facing inwards). It doesn't bother me, but I think I must have done something wrong, because mine all seem to face the same way;
- I made the sleeves flat and seamed them, because in order to knit them in the round, I would have needed to use DPNs, and I found it very difficult to get a neat result that way (due, I think, to a fatal combination of lightweight yarn and fairly heavy wooden DPNs); and
- I added 6 rows of garter stitch at the neckline. The pattern would have you work it in stocking stitch, but I found it rolled over on itself that way.
Pattern: Folded by Veera Välimäki