Saturday 18 September 2010

Amory

September 2010

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I have a real habit of trying to reverse engineer stuff, especially when it comes to knitwear. Amory, with its sideways-knit trim and short-row shaping had me baffled, though, and so the only option was to follow the pattern and see how it was done.

This time the catalyst came in the form of a sale of Sublime Soya Cotton dk at Kemps - something I figured would do just as well for this, especially since the intended yarn, Rowan Bamboo Soft seems to get quite a bad press.

Oh, and the Sexy Knitters' Club was having a Kim Hargreaves knit along, and I still haven't finished my 12 sweaters for 2010, so...

Pattern: Amory by Kim Hargreaves from the Dark House Collection
Yarn: Sublime Soya Cotton dk
Amount: 10 skeins
Colourway: 080 Indigo
Needles: 3.25mm
Size: XS
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment