Sunday 12 September 2010

Haven

August 2010

My knitting for other people drive continues apace with this, my sister's Christmas present, and the third pattern I've completed from Kim Hargreaves very lovely book, Heartfelt (the others being Calm and Emily).

It was a Kim Hargreaves themed knitalong of the Official Sexy Knitters' Club which finally inspired me to get on with this pattern, but I've had an eye on it for ages, because I'm a sucker for lace. Particularly in a chunky, dark yarn like this one.


As this was a Christmas present, I decided that that gave me an excuse to use a real high-end yarn (the fact that I had been wanting to try it for months is by the by) - Malabrigo Merino Worsted. Softer than butter and an absolute delight.

About 80% of this was knitted in the car on a round trip from York to Oxford for a wedding. It's a long way from York to Oxford, but I wasn't sick once...

Pattern: Haven by Kim Hargreaves from the Dark House Collection
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: Oilive
Needles: 5.50mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous scarf. The recipient should be very happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete