Sunday 26 June 2011

Offset Wraplan

May/June 2011

I know, I know. Baby clothes made from 100% wool. But I’m the one who’s going to have to be in charge of washing it, so it’s okay.

I made this is just under a week whilst on holiday in Paris. I wanted something unisex and colourful, I think the colours in this yarn are just gorgeous. Slightly autumnal, which is great for a November baby. And it matches this guy’s scarf, which is everso cute. I’m also planning to make a hat out of this yarn, to match this cardigan.

The buttons are from Boyes in York. I make the button band in the same ribbed stitch as the neckline, waist band and cuffs, although the pattern suggested using stocking stitch. I found it easier to work out where to put the buttons this way by counting the ribs between each one.

The body of this was knitted back and forth on a circular needle, and the sleeves were knitted in the round on DPNs, so it’s a seamless knit. The button bands were picked up and knit at the end. Oh, and it’s a freebie pattern too, which is obviously a bonus!

Yarn: Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit
Amount: 1.5 skeins
Colourway: Destiny
Needles: 3.50mm
Size: Smallest
On ravelry: here

2 comments:

  1. l love it! believe me when I have kids I plan on making all sorts of baby clothes and I suspect 99% of them will be made with 100% wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knit a similar asymmetrical baby sweater out of 100% wool! It looks adorable... I'll be sure it goes to a good home.

    This is GORGEOUS!! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete