Tuesday 28 June 2011

Sprout Blanket

June 2011

I’m still on a “determined not to make baby things that are too pastel-y” kick, and so I was delighted to stumble across a pattern which just begs to be made in a real acid-green.

I had a bit of difficulty finding a washable aran in the right colour - the only other option at my LYS was some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, but that would have cost something like three times the £10 we paid for the yarn I did use. After much deliberation the solution we came up with was to use a 4-ply held double to make an Aran. I think it worked very well.

I’ve taken pictures of both sides of this blanket, because although the side which is predominantly reverse stocking stitch looks slightly prettier, it IS reversible and won’t need lining which is great and will make it nice and lightweight.

Yarn: King Cole Zig-zag
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: 762
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! I may just be making this the next time I need a baby gift.

    ReplyDelete