Sunday 2 December 2012

Round Dance

July 2010

I love this pattern. To design colourwork is clever enough, but to design something so cool, and which even works around decreases for shaping blows my mind. And to give it away for free too. Awesome.


HOWEVER, it came out massive. It's not that I have a tiny head, honest. I really should have been more careful about my gauge, because being knitted bottom-up, this isn't the sort of thing you can adjust very easily even if you realise it's going a bit wrong. And I did. But I just had to finish the chart regardless.

One other difficulty I had with this hat is that I'm quite new to colour work, and so the huge gaps between the rib cages and the skulls, which called for very long floats, weren't as neat as I'd have liked (although blocking may have remedied that). This is probably one for someone with a bit more experience than me.


I'm blogging about this now because I'm on the verge of unravelling it so that I can recycle the yarn into  a pair of Lusekofte-esque Mitts. I've just passed my driving test, and I think they would be just the thing to keep my hands toasty on a wintery drive. I couldn't bring myself to frog this without plenty of photographs first.

Pattern: Round Dance by Thomas Pototschnig
Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft 4-ply (MC) and Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply (CC)
Colourway: Thunder / Cream
Needle: 3.25mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment