Sunday 14 July 2013

Emma

February 2013

This yarn was my husband’s second anniversary present to me - it being traditional to give cotton and this shade of red being our wedding theme colour. We ALMOST agreed to stop buying gifts after being a bit stumped by leather on out third anniversary, but I understand that seventh is wool, so we just might stick it out for a bit longer…


I worked this in the round up to the armholes and then did the front and back separately, joining the shoulders with a three needle bind-off. It was an easy modification, and cut down the seaming a bit.


I’ve worn this a lot - it’s a great summer top. The cotton is piling a bit under the arms now, which surprised me, but it’s standing up to the wear and tear reasonably well overall.

Pattern: Emma by Deb Hoss
Yarn: Sublime Egyptian Cotton dk
Colour: Safflower 327
Amount: 7 skiens
Size: Small
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment