Monday 18 November 2013

Winterberry

November 2013

A very good friend of mine is due to have a baby in December. Having had a November baby myself, it brought back to me how chilly, dark and lonely some of those night-time feeds seemed. And so I have made her this, to warm her up and to remind her that I will be thinking of her. 


I've never made a project which I coveted to this extent. My photos can't quite capture quite what a pretty, neat, satisfying object this is, but it was all I could do to stop myself from casting on another one immediately to keep.

One reason this works so well is that the yarn and the hot water bottle are a similar colour (you can just about see the top of the hot water bottle peeking out in the picture below). Had they been different, I think it would probably have shown through. For my own future reference, I found an excellent place to buy rubber and non-rubber hot water bottles of all colours here.


A grey one along similar lines but with the spider chart from here might work well, if I ever get around to making something like this for my sister, so watch this space.

Pattern: Winterberry by gluecksfisch from gluecksfisch.com
Yarn: Cascade 220
Colour: 9568
Amount: Less than one skein
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment