Monday 5 July 2010

Breiwick

December 2009

When Rowan bought Lima out, I was very keen to give it a try - I'd never seen anything quite like it before.

I'm not sure I could justify the expense of making a sweater sized project with it (although I do think it would make a beautiful Minimalist Cardigan), but this pattern was ideal.

The majority of the knitting with this one was done on a couple of train journeys between London and Leeds and what a fab commuter project it was - small, portable and very quick.

Lima feels gorgeously soft, but if I was going to work with it again, I would use fairly blunt needles, because I did find it a bit splitty with the sharper ones.

Pattern: Breiwick by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Rowan Lima
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: 886
Needles: 4.00mm
Size: One size (worsted weight)
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment