Friday 9 July 2010

Little Blue Sweater

February 2010

This was my first recycled project - I used the yarn from Polly and turned it into this. I think the end result is much more wearable this time.

The unraveling of Polly and the knitting up of the Little Blue Sweater were both part of the Ravelympics event on Ravelry. Basically the idea is to compete in teams to complete a specific task or project from start to finish during the course of the Winter Olympics. I had a bit of a false start with this project, so I only just made it by the skin of my teeth.

The issue was that I wanted to knit it seamlessly, which is perfectly possible, but only if you remember to mark off the halfway point, and start the cable and lace chart over again when you get there. If you just carry on from wherever you were up to, it all goes a bit wrong. Seems obvious, if you think about it.

Cashsoft chunky is a gorgeous yarn, and stood up to being unravelled beautifully. You would never know this project had had a previous incarnation. Trouble is, it's made me start to look at my other finished objects in a whole new light...

Pattern: Little Blue Sweater by Simona Merchant-Dest from Interweave Knits, Fall 2008
Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft Chunky
Amount: 15 skeins approx.
Colourway: 717 Officer
Needles: 7.00mm
Size: 34.5"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment