Sunday 4 July 2010

Kendal

January 2010

Rowan's British Sheep Breeds dk is a gorgeous yarn - much softer than I was expecting having used the chunky version and found it a bit scratchy. It looks great too, and (strange as it may sound) smells just like a good yarn ought to.
The diamond effect texture is achieved through a series of slipped stitches which are fully charted. I had to have the chart enlarged, though, since the version in the book would have given me a headache!

If I was to make this again, I would work the cowl differently (it's knit flat and then sewn up, which seems crazy to me) and possibly make the sleeves more fitted, as they do get awfully wide.


Pattern: Kendal by Marie Wallin from Rowan Purelife - the Purelife Winter Collection
Yarn: Rowan Purelife British Sheep Breeds dk
Amount: 11 skeins
Colourway: Mid Brown Bluefaced Lancaster
Needles: 4.00mm
Size: 32" - 34"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment