Sunday 25 July 2010

Porom

July 2010

July seems to be one of those months in which it was very fashionable to be born, and so my spell of knitting for other people, which seems to be going on longer than perhaps I had originally intended, continues unabated with... POROM!

Had this been the depths of winter I would no doubt be feeling very sorry for myself right about now, and asking myself what the point of being a knitter is, if if doesn't mean lots of lovely warm sweaters for me.

As it is, working on little projects for other people is quite a nice way of getting through the summer heat without having to put the knitting on hold. For my sins, I've even made a start on the Christmas knitting.

Porom is a quick and enjoyable project - Jared Flood is a great designer, and I love his hats in particular. I'd also like to make Koolhaas one day. And Habitat. And... well you get the idea.


This was a great way of using up some of the gorgeous purple Ultra Alpaca Light I had left over from Chantal. I think there is an error in Chantal which has you buy more Ultra Alpaca Light than you actually need. I didn't spot it in time, but it was no great hardship to have a surplus of such a lovely yarn to play about with.

I tried blocking this over a balloon but I'm not sure it worked all that well. I didn't notice the lace opening up all that much, and even fully inflated it seemed a little on the small side. Back to a melon propped up in a flowerpot next time, I suspect...

Pattern: Porom by Brooklyn Tweed (Jared Flood)
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light
Amount: 1.5 skeins
Colourway: 4212
Needles: 3.25mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment