Saturday 3 July 2010

Seascape

December 2009

This was my first lace stole, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I was expecting. Seascape is great, because it has both written and charted instructions available for free, and I made use of both.

Other techniques which made life easier during this project were colouring in the charts (all the yarn overs one colour, all the knit 2 togethers another, and so on), using post-it notes to mark where I was up to on the charts and adding a dental floss safety line every time I got to the end of the chart.
This was a Christmas present for a friend of mine, and whilst that was the plan all along, it was very difficult to part with when it came to it. I just LOVE the lace pattern on this stole!

Pattern: Seascape Stole by Kieran Foley from Knitty Summer 2008
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze
Amount: 3 skeins
Colourway: 641 Blackcurrant
Needles: 3.50mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment