Friday 28 May 2010

Diagonal Stripe Scarf

July 2008

About this time, my sister started to figure out just how keen I was getting on knitting and, kind soul that she is, offered to let me knit her a birthday present.

I had about half a skein of purple yarn left over from a pair of gloves I had made some time ago, and I really love the way purple looks coupled with navy, so this scarf just sort of designed itself.

The stitch pattern comes from Debbie Bliss' How to Knit and is basically a knit three purl three pattern in which the purls and knits become slightly more offset each time, if I recall correctly. This would mean it was more or less reversible, which is always nice in a scarf.

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Sirdar Country Style dk
Amount: less than one skien of each
Colourway: 529 Magenta (purple) and 540 Airforce Blue
Needles: 4mm
Size: n/a

2 comments:

  1. Love this pattern! I have looked everywhere online for a cute pattern for a scarf. I've knitted about 6 inches and it's just beautiful. Thank you! www.facebook.com/mineheartcreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a place where I can get this beautiful pattern written out. I am a newbie and would live to try this

    ReplyDelete