Sunday 30 May 2010

Noro Striped Scarf

September 2008

I loved making this project - I'd just discovered ravelry and spotted this pattern. As far as I'm concerned, it was a must knit - the end result is much more beautiful than it has any right to be given how easy it is.

I followed Jared Flood's method as closely as possible, and worked 1x1 rib over 39 stitches, slipping the first stitch for a neater edging.

The only glitch I had with this is that I snapped the yarn casting on. I've found that Silk Garden can get very thin and fragile in places, and needs to be handled with care.

I also added a fringe, but I think it tended to pull the ribs open a bit and make the scarf look wider at the ends, and so it might have been better without.

Pattern: Noro Striped Scarf by Jared Flood
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden
Amount: 4 skeins
Colourway: 236 and 47
Needles: 4.5mm
Size: n/a
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment