Friday 21 May 2010

Salina

August 2007

This was a lovely easy project, just right for a beginner, being almost entirely stocking stitch with a moss stitch trim.


The end result is very wearable too, although once again I opted to make a size which is probably bigger that I needed. Then again, I might just be trying to convince myself of that since I spotted a pattern which I think would be lovely to recycle this yarn for!

It was this project which taught me the importance of checking dye-lots and trying to make sure you get enough yarn which comes from the same dye-lot for the project you have in mind. Felted tweed can vary between dye-lots very noticeably, as I discovered after finishing the front and back pieces in different dyelots and laying them alongside each other...

I'm a big fan of Kim Hargreaves' designs - so simple and elegant, and the rate at which she produces them is staggering.

Pattern: Salina by Kim Hargreaves from Rowan Vintage Knits
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
Amount: 7 skeins
Colourway: 158 Pine
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.75mm
Size: Large
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment