Thursday 20 May 2010

Rosebud

April 2007

I still get a lot of wear out of this project, and it marks the beginning of an enduring love affair with mohair. It's just so gosh darned fluffy.

As with several early projects, I did make a size which was much too large, but I managed to overcome that by attaching a couple of ribbons to the back and using them to cinch it in at the waist.

I've made one or two other mohair sweaters since this one, and I've found that they tend to grow a bit with washing and wearing. These days I'd go for at least one size smaller than I would for a non-mo project, just to balance things out.


This pattern also includes directions for a knitted rosebud brooch which is intended to be pinned to the neckline, but I left that off, because it's not really my style.

I did have a bit of a hard time getting the front and back pieces to fit together properly - so much so that I wished I'd made the front pieces first so that I could have let them dictate the length of the back, since I would have had more flexibility that way. Instead my Mum came to the rescue with this one (again)!


Pattern: Rosebud from Sublime 601 The Very Gorgeous Sublime Kid Mohair Book
Yarn: Sublime Kid Mohair
Amount: 6 skeins
Colourway: Smoke Blue
Needles: 6.00mm
Size: 40"

No comments:

Post a Comment